20 Dec Few Guidelines which will help you appoint a Right Architect for your project
Make sure you are appointing a Technically Qualified Architect for your project.
In Market there are many Interior Designers /Firms practicing as Architects in Pune who are without any Technical Knowledge and Qualification .Customers are easily attracted to hire such non qualified Architects in Pune since they charge very less Fees as compared to Qualified Architects in Pune
Who is an Architect?
Architect: A person who is Qualified to be an Architect (B.Arch,M.Arch ).
A graduate in Architecture gets a Degree after completing a 5 Year Degree Course in Architecture. A Practicing Architect is registered with The Council of Architecture, New Delhi and hold a License to Practice all over India. An Architect has the Knowledge of Designing Buildings, Structures etc (The Outer Shell) along with Interior Design. Who can Visualize Space, who has the knowledge about Building Material ,Interior related Material,Eronomics of Design, Aesthetic Standards , Interior Design Standards Etc .For Example the Person Who Designs Bungalows , Commercial complexes, Institutional buildings,apartmants,along with its Interiors. There is a number of nationally and internationally recognized Architects in Pune.
Want to know how, to appoint the Best Architect in Pune?
For Example if we consider any Bungalow Project of 5 bedrooms. The Approximate Cost of the Project including Interior would be around Rs.3 Cr
It’s at the Risk of the Client to appoint someone who is not technically capable of understanding Municipal Bylaws, Architecture, Building Material Properties, Ergonomics of Design, Aesthetics, Anthropometric Interior Design standards Etc. and get the work done. The results can be Fatal if the Building is not Designed and Executed properly.
If the Client wants to get both Architecture and Interior Designed for his Project.
The Client should approach Architectural firms in Pune ,which practice Architecture along with Interior Design. This will ensure that the complete project will be based on a single theme & will have a certain character inside out, since both the building and Interior will be designed by a single Architect under one roof.
The Process of Design
Let’s take an Example of Private Bungalow Design Project, where by the Client wants to get the Complete bungalow designed along with Interior.
- The Client Approaches an Architect/Architectural firm in Pune.
- Goes through their projects, finds them interesting and likes them.
- The Client meets the Architect to Explain & Discuss, Requirements.
- The Architect after understanding the Requirements sends Techno Commercial Offer to the Client, which contains the details like services to be provided by Architect, scope of work and fees structure.
- The Client and Architect Mutually Agree to the contract and sign it.
- Architects in Pune usually charge 9% -15 % of the Total cost of Project which includes Architecture + Interior Design.
- Considering Present Appx Cost of Building – @ Rs.2500 /Sqft (Year 2018)
- Considering Present Appx cost of Interior – @Rs 5500 / Sqft (Year 2018)
- Architects Scope of Services are as follows (depending upon the contract )
- Providing Initial presentation drawings along with Interior Layouts to client.
- Providing municipal drawings to client for approval.
- Providing Working drawings to Structural Designer (who is appointed by client)
- Providing Architectural Working Drawings, good for construction on site to the contractor (who is appointed by client)
- Provide Bathroom details, flooring details, electrical, details.
- Visit site as per the stages of work to check if the work done is as per drawings.
- Visit suppliers for selection of material like stone, tiles, plumbing fittings etc.
- Provide Interior Related working Drawings.
- Visit site and suppliers for material selection. Advise the client during purchasing material.
Interior Design Consultancy
In this option, following services are offered by the Architect.
- Design working Drawings, which include furniture layout, false ceiling Layout, lighting Layout, electrical layout etc. Individual Room Details showing all four Elevations of walls along with working drawings of Details.
- Architect selects all the necessary material required for interior as per the theme visualized.
- A Rough Estimate, based on the Final Layout is provided by the Architect, to give a fair idea to the client & understand the Budget of the Project.
- In this option, all the Material is purchased by the Client.
- Architect Advises the Client to appoint necessary Agencies /vendors/contractors /Suppliers etc for the Project.
- Architect can provide 3D views to the Client for visualization, on clients demand at Extra Cost.
- Architect /assistant, Visits the site appx once every week to see if the Execution is being carried out as per drawings. It’s not the Architects responsibility to supervise the site on daily basis, while the client has to appoint a supervisor to supervise the site daily and make sure the material is supplied to the agencies without delay.